Linux AppImage crashes on startup

Hello everyone!

This is my first time trying to use appflowy, I am on an Arch Linux flavour called garuda linux. When I try to launch this app, it crashes with this error:

QFont::fromString: Invalid description 'Fira Sans,10,-1,5,400,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1'
QFont::fromString: Invalid description 'FiraCode Nerd Font Mono,10,-1,5,400,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1'
QFont::fromString: Invalid description 'Fira Sans,10,-1,5,400,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1'

(AppFlowy:41691): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:15:11.732: Could not load a pixbuf from icon theme.
This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.
Gtk:ERROR:../../../../gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /usr/share/icons/BeautyLine/actions/scalable/image-missing.svg: Unable to load image-loading module: libpixbufloader-svg.so: libpixbufloader-svg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 5)
Bail out! Gtk:ERROR:../../../../gtk/gtkiconhelper.c:494:ensure_surface_for_gicon: assertion failed (error == NULL): Failed to load /usr/share/icons/BeautyLine/actions/scalable/image-missing.svg: Unable to load image-loading module: libpixbufloader-svg.so: libpixbufloader-svg.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (gdk-pixbuf-error-quark, 5)

I am not sure if this is a distro specific issue or with appflowy, which is why I am asking here.

initially, it looks like my issue because it says that the library loading module is missing. I have installed the module, reinstalled and restarted multiple times and it has made no difference. I have checked permissions, reset caches and everything and yet It is not able to find the library. Can anyone explain why this is happening?