Drag and drop blocks in a document

Description

I don’t seem to be able to MOVE blocks. For example, move a divider line above or below adjacent blocks.

Impact

Document users

Additional Context

No response

2 Likes

I meant the way you can move “blocks” in Notion to any where, and then resize the blocks as you see fit. So for example, You can have an image, a text block, and a series of links all in one “row” (by row I mean they’re allowed to be next to each other, as opposed to being below each other like how it is now) and have the image block take more space then the text with the links taking the least for example. Hope this clarifies what I meant :sweat_smile:

Is this something planned? Just curious :slight_smile:

+1 on this.

In it’s simplest form add the ability to drag by the 6-dot handle to rearrange a text block or a list item.
At least for me it is a common task to rearrange my lists.

1 Like

Very interested in having the feature added to the toolkit. The ability to move around blocks to re-order blocks in a document is very useful. Especially for lists.

A use case I have is related to capturing use cases and requirements for product development. The intent is to define use cases and requirements as a narrative with separate paragraphs (that are blocks). Then I would be able to work with each one independently. I would like to add a block per use case or requirement then be able to move them around (to group them) as well as select an individual block and take an action against it.

The apps that you are positioning AppFlowy as an alternative to provide this capability: Notion, ClickUp, Microsoft Loop.